Monday, May 11, 2009

Review of 'The Shack'

Hey Everybody! Many of you have been asking me through email, phone calls, personal interactions, and Facebook about my feelings, thoughts, etc concerning the book entitled "The Shack" by William P. Young. After talking with a couple of you, you encouraged me to blog this, so here goes . . .

Due to space and time, I will not preview or outline the story here. Suffice to say, it is an intriguing story of a man who faces a horrible circumstance. In fact, the first 70ish pages of the book deal with that event. It is emotional powerful and weighty (you are forewarned). The emotionalness of this event sets the stage for the rest of the book in which our man character meets the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at 'the Shack'. The tale weaves the elements of relationship with God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) and wrestles with the question - "Why do bad things happen?"

oooh wait - I think I will video blog this . .



No comments:

Post a Comment