Monday, December 7, 2009

Identity Theft - Scriptures - You Are Accepted!

The previous sermon series (click here for sermons online link), Identity Theft was a great series on 'Who we are in Christ'!! 

As stated at the end of the services, I wanted to post several scripture references for your personal devotional time and quiet time with God.  The material from this is from Neil T. Anderson's workbook - Steps to Freedom in Christ.
Today - You Are Accepted!
Tomorrow - You Are Secure!!
Wednesday - You Are Significant!!!

  • I am God's Child (John 1:12)
John 1:12 (NLT) But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.

  • I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
Romans 5:1 (NLT) Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.

  • I am united with the Lord, and I am one spirit with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17)
1 Corinthians 6:17 (NLT) But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.

  • I have been bought with a price.  I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NLT) 19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

  • I am a member of Christ's Body (1 Corinthians 12:27)
1 Corinthians 12:27 (NLT) All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it.

  • I have been adopted as God's child (Ephesians 1:5)
Ephesians 1:5 (NLT) God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.

  • I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:18)
Ephesians 2:18 (NLT) Now all of us can come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us.

  • I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins (Colossians 1:14)
Colossians 1:13-14 (NLT)13 For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, 14 who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.

  • I am complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10)
Colossians 2:10 (NLT) So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment