Saturday, December 13, 2008

Do you have what it takes to be a Youth Worker?

When I talk to people about working in Youth Ministry, I am often told, "I don't know if I have what it takes." Since I am not sure if I have ever seen this topic addressed, I did some research and this is what I found out about the common characteristics possessed by most youth workers. All of them:

--Loved God, and
--Liked Students

That was it. I guess if you throw in, "Have a Pulse," then that would be a third characteristic. The list is not very long and maybe this describes you?

I believe everyone wants to have a dynamic youth ministry, but the dynamic part comes through those who serve in the ministry. If this describes you, I would love to talk to you about the possibility of serving in a spot on the Youth Ministry Team. You never know, serving youth may give you your pulse back!

No comments:

Post a Comment