Friday, March 18, 2011

Farewell Rob Bell

John Piper tweeted the following concerning Rob Bell:
John Piper
Farewell Rob Bell.
His tweet link takes you to Justin Taylor's blog concerning Rob Bell's new book:
I have enjoyed Justin Taylor's blog and review of a preview copy of the book.
Now I have had several folks ask my thoughts about this book and are awaiting my particular response.  Well, I hate to disappoint because of my personal pleasing nature, but due to some great thoughts out there by guys who have read the book, I thought I would post some of those links.

One of my favorite authors of late is Kevin DeYoung.  HERE is a 21 page response to Rob Bell's book that I believe insightful and careful.
If you follow the Amazon link or Justin Taylor's blog link, you will find from Rob Bell's video just what the issue at hand is - is he a universalist? - that all people go to heaven (particularly those from different faiths) 

Here is that video:


The blogger 'The Tenth Leper' has some great insights and is taking his book review almost chapter by chapter.Be sure to continue reading his whole series.

Here is Martin Bashir's interview with Bell on MSNBC:


HERE is a link to a radio interview with Martin after the interview (38 min)

Rob Bell also did a web cast to launch the event: (about an hour)
 

Watch live streaming video from lovewins at livestream.com

Also, HERE is an insightful viewpoint on Bell's misuse of history, in particular Martin Luther

What are your thoughts? Do you think that Rob Bell has gone off the deep end? 


No comments:

Post a Comment